تعلم معنا

Learn English Conversation Gardening







Your garden looks great .

Thanks . The weather has been good this year .

What all are you growing ?

Some flowers but mostly vegetables . I have planted carrots , lettuce , beans , radishes , tomatoes , zuchini and cucumbers .

Those sound good . You can make fresh salad all summer .

That’s the plan . I enjoy fresh salad .

That flower is pretty . What kind is it ?

That is a bleeding heart .


Do you have a lot of trouble with ants ?

The ants aren’t too bad but there are a lot of spiders .

At least the spiders eat the other bugs .

Yeah . Last year I had a lot of trouble with aphids .

Are you going to enter any of your flowers or vegetables in the fair ?

I don’t know . Do you think I should ?

Well , your zucchini is pretty big. I think you could win a ribbon .

Maybe I willl try . It might be fun . Would you like some vegetables to take home with you ?

That would be nice , thanks .

No problem . Why don’t you go pick some of the tomatoes and I will get you some carrots . Would you like some cucumbers as well ?

No , thanks. I don’t care for cucumbers .

I’m going to use the small cucumbers to make pickles this fall if you want any .

I like dill pickles and sweet pickles .

I should have enough to make plenty of both kinds .

If you want any help with the garden , let me know .

OK . Thanks for the offer .

Any time . Thanks again for the vegetables .

You’re welcome .






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Flag Counter