تعلم معنا

Learn English Conversation Listening to music






Want to listen to some music ?

OK .

Why don’t you pick something ? I have a lot of new CDs on my desk .

I haven’t heard of some of these bands . What kind of music do they play ?

Smoking Hearts is a rock band from England , Neon Trees is kind of dance or light rock , Cobra Starship is dance pop . I have country , dance , ska , punk , rock , oldies . I have Elvis if you like him .

I didn’t know you like old music like Elvis .

I listened to a lot of my parent’s music when I was younger . The Eagles , Fats Domino , Buddy Holly , The Beach Boys , The Beatles . I have a lot of their music .

Do you have any Alkaline Trio ?

I have one of their albums around here somewhere . I have a friend who loves them and goes to their concerts all the time . She sent me one of their CDs .

That was nice of her .

Oh here it is . Let’s listen to it .

Ok . I don’t have this album .

I really like it . It’s a little different than their other albums .

I think I’ll have to buy this to add to my collection .

That’s cool .

Tim Armstrong ? Who is he ?

That’s his solo reggae album .Well , ska reggae sort of . He’s the lead singer of Rancid . He used to be in Operation Ivy when he was much younger .

We should listen to this one next .

OK . I think you’d like Neon Trees . The woman who plays drums is really impressive , she sings vocals as well .

That’s not something you see every day .

No , it’s not . Their music is really catchy .

That’s neat . I like it when a band has music that’s fun to listen to .

I’ve watched some of their live recordings on their website . They sound really good live . Some bands don’t sound as good live as they do in the studio .

Yeah , I know of a few bands like that . It’s kind of disappointing when they aren’t as good in person .

You won’t be disappointed with Neon Trees . You can borrow the CD if you want .

Really ? Thanks .







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Flag Counter